1- Kar SK, Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Achary KG, Khuntia CP.Emergence and spread of Tetracycline resistant Vibrio cholera O1 El Tor variant during 2010 cholera epidemic in the tribal areas of Odisha,India. Int J Infect Dis. 33, 2015; 45-49.
2- Wierzbaa TF, Kar SK, Mogasalea VV, Kerketta ASYoua YA, Prameela Baral,Khuntia HK,Ali M, Kima YH, Rath SB, Bhattachana A, Sah B. Effectiveness of an oral cholera vaccine campaign to prevent clinically-significant cholera in Odisha State, India. Vaccine. 2015.
3- Mogasale V, Kar SK, Kim JG, Mogasale VV, Kerketta AS, Patnaik B, Rath SB, Puri MK, You YA. Khuntia HK, Maskery B,Wierzb TF, Sah B.An Estimation of Private Household Costs to Receive Free Oral Cholera Vaccine in Odisha,India. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases | DOI:10.1371/journal.pntd.0004072 September 9,2015.
1. Achary K. G, Mandal N.N, Mishra S, Mishra R, S.S. Sarangi, Satapathy A. K, Kar S. K and Bal M.S. In-utero sensitization modulates IgG isotype, IFN-γ and IL-10 responses of neonates in bancroftian filariasis. Parasite Immunology. 2014 June. doi: 10.1111/pim.12121. (IF= 1.849)
2. Behera S, Dixit S, Bulliyya G, Kar SK. Fat-soluble antioxidant vitamins, iron overload and chronic malnutrition in children with β-thalassemia major. Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 2014; 81(3): 270-274. (IF 0.919)
3. Das B, Patra AP, Das M, Mahapatra N, Tripathy H, Kar SK, Hazra RK. Vectorial capacity and genetic diversity of Anopheles annularis (Diptera: Culicidae) mosquitoes in Odisha, India from 2009 to 2011. Acta Tropica. 2014 Sep; 137:130-9. (IF= 2.519)
4. Das B, Satapathy T, Kar SK, Hazra RK. Genetic structure and Wolbachia genotyping in naturally occurring populations of Aedes albopictus across contiguous landscapes of Orissa, India. PLoS One. 2014; 8; 9(4):e94094. (IF= 3.534)
5. Das D, Dwibedi B, Kar S K. Low levels of anti TB drug resistance in Rayagada district of Odisha. International Journal of Mycobacteriology. 2014; 3: 76-78.
6. Das D, Dwibedi B, Kar S K. Spot or early morning sample for mycobacterial culture: Which? International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases. 2014; 18(3):310-311. (IF=2.61)
7. Das D, Dwibedi B, Kar SK. Transportation of sputum samples in cetylpyridinium chloride for drug resistance studies from remote areas of Odisha, India. Journal of Infection in Developing Countries. 2014; 8 (8) : 1059-1062 (IF= 0.996).
8. Kar SK, Pach Alfred, Saha B, Kerketta A.S, Pattnaik B, Mogasde V, Kin Y Hee, Rath S.B, Shin S, Khuntia HK, et.al. Up-take during an oral cholera vaccine pilot demonstration program, Odisha India.Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. 2014; 10 (10). ( IF: 2.131)
9. Kar SK, Sah B, Patnaik B, Kim YH, Kerketta AS, Shin S, Rath SB, Ali M, Mogasale V, Khuntia HK, Bhattachan A, You YA, Puri MK, Lopez AL, Maskery B, Nair GB, Clemens JD6, Wierzba TF2. 2014. Mass vaccination with a new, less expensive oral cholera vaccine using public health infrastructure in India: the Odisha model. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2014 Feb; 8(2):e2629. (IF= 4.569)
10. Khuntia H. K. , Pal B. B., Khuntia C. P, Biswal B L and Kar S. K. Cholera outbreak due to V. cholerae O1 El Tor variant in Odisha, India 2011: At the edge of the eighth pandemic. J of Pure and Applied Microbiol. 2014, 8(02): 1579-1583. (IF=0.054)
11. Mandal N.N, Achary K. G, Kar S. K and Bal M.S. Immuno-epidemiology of bancroftian filariasis: a 14-year follow-up study in odisha, india. Asian pacific journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health. 2014; 45 (3): 547-555. . (IF=0.926).
12. Mishra R., Sahoo P. K., Mishra S., Achary K. G., Dwibedi B., Kar S. K. & Satapathy A. K.. Bancroftian filariasis: circulating B-1 cells decreased in microfilaria carriers and correlate with immunoglobulin M levels. Parasite Immunology. 2014 May; 36(5):207-17. (IF=2.208)
13. Mishra S, Achary K. G, Mandal N.N, Tripathy A., Kar S. K, Bal M.S. Hydrocele fluid: Can it be used for immunodiagnosis of lymphatic filariasis? Journal vector borne diseases. 2014. 51(3):188-93.
14. Pal B.B, Mohanty A, Khuntia H.K, Jena R.P, Samal S.K, and Kar S.K. Incidence of different Bacterial Pathogens associated with hospitalized Septic patients from Bhubaneswar. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. 2014; 8(2):1585-1590. . (IF=0.073).
15. Patnaik Manisha, Pati Pallabi, Swain Surendra N, Mohapatra Manoj K, Dwibedi Bhagirathi, Kar S K., Ranjit M R . Association of angiotensin-converting enzyme and angiotensin-converting enzyme-2 gene polymorphisms with essential hypertension in the population of Odisha, India. Annals of Human Biology. 2014: Mar; 41(2):143-50. (IF= 1.484)
16. Rathore S. K., Dwibedi B, Kar S. K., Dixit S., Sabat J., Panda M.. Viral aetiology and clinico-epidemiological features of acute encephalitis syndrome in eastern India. Epidemiol Infect. 2014 Jan; 24:1-8. (IF=2.867)
17. Sethy PGS, Bulliyya G, Rautray TR, Behera S and Kar SK. Status of serum trace elements among preschool children in rural Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. International Journal of Advanced Nutritional and Health Science. 2014 May; 2(1): 59-66.
18. Sethy PGS, Bulliyya G, Rautray TR, Behera S, Kar SK. Trace elements and nutritional status of preschool children in Bhubaneswar, India. Advanced Science Letters .2014; 20 (3&4): 868-873. (IF: 1.253)
19. Satapathy P, Das D, Murmu BN, Kar SK. Decontamination of sputum for longer time in sodium hydroxide for isolation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. International Journal of Mycobacterioilogy. 2014.Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology.2014;8(2): 1585-1590.
20. Pal BB, Mohanty S, Khuntia HK, Sahoo RK, Hansda DN, Beuria SK and 2014. Incidence of Different Bacterial Pathogens Associated with Filaria Patients from Coastal Areas of Odisha. J.of pure and appl microbial (IF: 0.073)
21. Kar SK, Alfred Pach, Sah B, Kerketta AS, Patnaik B, Mogasale VL, Yang Hee Kim, Rath SB, Sunheang Shin, Khuntia HK, Bhattachan A, Puri MK, Thomas F Wierzba & Linda M Kaljee. Uptake during an oral cholera vaccine pilot demonstration program, Odisha, India. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. 2014;10(10) (IF: 2.366)
|Publication : 2013
1. Achary KG, Mandal NN, Mishra S, Sarangi SS, Kar SK, Satapathy AK and Bal MS. Maternal filarial infection: association of anti-sheath antibody responses with plasma levels of IFN-γ and IL-10. Parasitology. 2013; 140:598-603. (IF=2.35)
2. Barik S.K, Hazra R.K., Prusty M.R, Rath A & Kar S.K. A simple, rapid and very efficient protocol for DNA isolation from mosquito species. Protocol Exchange-Nature 2013. doi:10.1038/protex.2013.007.
3. Das B & Hazra R.K. Entomological investigations with special attention to pupal indicators of Aedes vectors during outbreaks of dengue in coastal Odisha, India. Vector Borne Diseases. 2013; 50(2):147–150. (IF=1.17)
4. Das B, Das M, Dwibedi B, Kar SK, Hazra RK(2013). Molecular investigations of dengue virus during outbreaks in Orissa state, Eastern India from 2010 to 2011. Infection Genetics Evolution. 2013 Jun; 16:401-10. (IF=2.76)
5. Das M, Das B, Patra AP, Tripathy HK, Mohapatra N, Kar SK, Hazra RK. Anopheles culicifacies sibling species in Odisha, eastern India: First appearance of Anopheles culicifacies E and its vectorial role in malaria transmission. Tropical Medicine International Health. 2013; 18(7):810-21. (IF=2.93)
6. Das Sutar SK, Dhangadamajhi G, Kar SK, Ranjit MR. Molecular monitoring of antimalarial drug resistance among Plasmodium falciparum field isolates from Odisha, India. Acta Tropica. 2013; 126: 84– 87. (IF=2.78)
7. Kar BR, Dwibedi B, Kar SK. An outbreak of hand, foot and mouth disease in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Indian Pediatr. 2013; 50(1):139-42. (IF=0.71)
8. Khuntia H. K., Pal B. B., Samal S. K. and Kar S. K. Rapid spread of Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor variant in Odisha, eastern India 2008-09. J. Clin. Microbiol. 2013; 51 (6): 1909-1912. (IF=4.06)
9. Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Kerketta AS, Kar SK, Karmakar M, Pattnaik B. Large outbreak of cholera caused by El Tor variant Vibrio cholerae O1 in the eastern coast of Odisha, India during 2009. Epidemiol Infect. 2013 Dec; 141(12):2560-7. (IF=2.86)
10. Sahu A, Das B, Das M, Patra A, Biswal S, Kar SK, Hazra RK (2013).Genetic characterization of E2 region of Chikungunya virus circulating in Odisha, Eastern India from 2010 to 2011. Infection Genetics Evolution. 2013 Aug; 18:113-24. (IF=2.76)
11. Sahu U, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK, Ranjit M. Promoter polymorphisms in the ATP binding cassette transporter gene influence production of cell-derived microparticles and are highly associated with susceptibility to severe malaria in humans. Infect Immun. 2013 Apr; 81(4):1287-94. (IF=4.16)
12. Sahu U, Sahoo PK, Kar SK, Mohapatra BN, Ranjit M. Association of TNF level with production of circulating cellular microparticles during clinical manifestation of human cerebral malaria. Hum Immunol. 2013 Jun; 74(6):713-21. (IF=2.83)
13. Kumari S, Marai N, Hazra R.K, Kar S.K. and Mohapatra N. Anopheles subpictus B and its role in transmission of malaria in Odisha, India. Tropical Biomedicine.2013 Dec; 30(4); 710-7. (IF=0.921)
14. Panigrahi B.K, Marai N, Hazra R.K, Kar S.K and Mohapatra N. Anopheline ecology and malaria transmission during the construction of an irrigation project area in Dhenkanal district, Odisha, India. Malaria transmission and irrigation. Journal of vector Borne Diseases. 2013 Dec; 50(4):248-57. (IF=1.041)
15. Sethy PGS, Bulliyya G, Rautray TR, Kar SK. Studies on status of serum lead levels among preschool children in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Journal of Environment and Sociobiology. 2013; 10 (2): 133-136.
16. Mohapatra MK, Acharya SK and Ranjit MR. TLR-2 I/D polymorphism protects from multiple complications in falciparum malaria. J Infect Dis. 2013; 112: 215-221. (IF=5.84)
|Publications : 2012
1. Babu BV, Kar SK. Abuse gainst women in pregnancy: a population-based study from eastern India, South East Asia Journal of Public Health. 2012; 1(2): 133-143.
2. Behera S, Bulliyya G, Sethy PGS, Kar SK. Influence of antioxidant vitamins on iron and haematological indicators in preschool children. International Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences. 2012; 2012; 1 (1): 99-98. IF. 1.151
3. Behera S, Dixit S, Bulliyya G, Kar SK. Vitamin A status and hematological values in sickle cell disorder cases. Indian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2012; 66 (7): 163-168.
4. Das B, Sahu A, Das M, Patra A, Dwibedi B, Kar SK, Hazra RK.Molecular investigations of chikungunya virus during outbreaks in Orissa, Eastern India in 2010. Infection Genetics Evolution. 2012; 12(5):1094-101.
5. Das B, Swain S, Patra A, Das M, Tripathy HK, Mohapatra N, Kar SK and Hazra RK. The development and evaluation of a single step multiplex PCR to differentiate the aquatic stages of morphological similar Aedes (Subgenus: Stegomyia) mosquitoes. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2012 ;17(2):235-43. IF.2.795
6. Das D, Selvakumar N. Can LED fluorescence microscopy replace Ziehl-Neelsen microscopy in tuberculosis detection? Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2012 Nov;16(11):1558. IF. 2.731
7. Longvah T, Toteja GS, Bulliyya G, Raghuvanshi RS, Jain S, Rao MV, Upadhya A. Stability of added iodine in different Indian cooking processes. Journal of Food Chemistry. 2012; 130(4): 953-959.
8. Mahapatra N., Marai N., Dhal K., Nayak R. N., Panigrahi B. K., Mallick G., Ranjit M., Kar S.K. and Kerketta A.S. Malaria outbreak in a non endemic tribal block of Balasore district, Orissa, India during summer season. Tropical Biomedicine. 2012; 29(2):277-85.
9. Rout R., Dhangadamajhi D., Ghadei M., Mohapatra B.N., Kar S.K. and Ranjit M.R. Blood group phenotypes A and B are risk factors for cerebral malaria in Odisha, India. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygeine. 2012; 106(9):538-43.
1. Bal M, Mandal N, Achary KG, Das MK and Kar SK. Immuoprophylactic potential of filarial glutathione-s-transferase in lymphatic filariasis. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine.2011;4(3):185-91
2. Sutar SK, Gupta B, Ranjit MR, Kar SK and Das A. Sequence Analysis of coding DNA fragments of Pfcrt and Pfmdr1 genes in Plasmodium falciparum isolates from Odisha, India. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2011 ;106(1):78-84.
3. Dash S and Hazra RK. Mosquito diversity in the Chilika lake area, Orissa, India.Trop Biomed. 2011; Apr; 28(1):1-6.
4. Dwibedi B, Sabat J, Mahapatra N, Kar SK, Kerketta AS, Hazra RK, Parida SK, Marai NS and Beuria MK. Rapid spread of chikungunya virus infection in Orissa: India. Indian J Med Res. 2011 ;133(3):316-21.
5. Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Nayak AN, Kar SK and Pal BB. Incidence and molecular anlysis of Entero-toxigenic E. coli causing diarrhoea among children in Odisha, India-2006. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology.2011; 8(1):223-227.
6. Panda AK, Sahoo PK, Kerketta AS, Kar SK. Ravindran B. and Satapathy A K. Human lymphatic filariaisis: Genetic Polymorphism of Endothelin-1 and TNF receptor II correlate with development of chronic disease. The Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2011; 204:315-322.
7. Panigrahi BK, Kerketta AS, Mohapatra A, Hazra RK, Parida SK, Marai NS, Kar SK, Mahapatra N. Effect of construction of an irrigation canal on malaria situation in two primary health centres of Dhenkanal district of Orissa, India.Trop Biomed. 2011 ; 28(1):76-84.
8. Rout R, Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK, Ranjit MR. High CR1 level and related polymorphic variants are associated with cerebral malaria in eastern-India. Infect Genet Evol. 201; 11:139-44.
9. Tripathy A, Samanta L, Das S, Parida SK, Marai N, Hazra RK, Mallavdani UV, Kar SK and Mahapatra N. The mosquitocidal activity of methanolic extracts of Lantana cramera root and Anacardium occidentale leaf: role of glutathione S-transferase in insecticide resistance.J Med Entomol. 2011; 48(2):291-5.
10. Longvah T, Toteja G.S, Bulliyya G, Raghuvanshi RS, Jain Shashi, Vishnuvardhan Rao and Upadhya A. Stability of added iodine in different Indian cooking processes. Food Chemistry.August 2011, doi:10.1016/j.foodchem.2011.08.024
11. Mohapatra AD, S Kumar S, Satapathy AK and Ravindran.B. Caspase Dependent Programmed Cell Death in Developing Embryos: A Potential Target for Therapeutic Intervention against Pathogenic Nematodes. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2011; 9(5):e1306
1. Babu BVand Kar SK. Domestic violence in Eastern India: factors associated with victimization and perpetration. Public Health. 2010; 124(3):136-148. ( IF 1.204)
2. Babu BV, Swain BK, Mishra S and Kar SK. Primary healthcare services among a migrant indigenous population living in an eastern Indian city. J Immigr Minor Health. 2010; 12(1):53-9.Â ( IF-NA)
3. Bal MS, Mandal NN, DAS MK, Kar SK, Sarangi SS and Beuria MK. Transplacental transfer of filarial antigens from Wuchereria bancrofti-infected mothers to their offspring. Parasitology. 2010; 137(4):669-73. (IF: 2.071)
4. Bulliyya G. Ethnographic and health profile of the Dongria Kondh: a primitive tribal group of niyamgiri hills in Eastern Ghats of Orissa. Afro Asian Journal of Anthropology and Social Policy. 2010; 1(1): 11-25. ( IF: NA)
5. Dhangadamajhi G, Kar SK, and Ranjit MR. The Survival Strategies of Malaria Parasite in the Red Blood Cell and Host Cell Polymorphisms. Malaria Research and Treatment.Volume 2010, Article ID 973094, 9 pages. doi:10.4061/2010/973094. Review Article.
6. Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK and Ranjit M. Gene polymorphisms in angiotensin I converting enzyme (ACE I/D) and angiotensin II converting enzyme (ACE2 C-->T) protect against cerebral malaria in Indian adults. Infect Genet Evol. 2010; 10(2):337-41. (IF: 2.792)
7. Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK and Ranjit MR. A new allele (eNOS4e) in the intron 4 (VNTR) of eNOS gene in malaria infected individuals of the population of Orissa (an eastern Indian state). Nitric Oxide. 2010;22(1):58-9.Â ( IF: 2.650)
8. Dhangadamajhi, G.1, Rout, B.K.2, Kar, S.K.1 and Ranjit, M.R. Genetic diversity of Plasmodium vivax in a hyperendemic area predominated by Plasmodium falciparum; A preliminary study .Trop Biomed. 2010; 27(3): 578â€“584. ( IF: 0.590)
9. Dwibedi B, Kar BR and Kar SK. Hand Foot and mouth disease (HFMD): a newly emerging infection in Orissa, India. Natl Med J India. 2010; 23(5):313. (IF: 0.685)
10. Dwibedi B, Mohapatra N, Beuria MK, Kerketta AS, Sabat J, Kar SK, Rao EV, Hazra RK, Parida SK and Marai N. Emergence of chikungunya virus infection in Orissa, India. Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Diseases. 2010; 10(4): 347-54. ( IF: 2.195)
11. Ghosh S, Banerjee P, Roychoudhury A, Sarkar S, Ghosh A, Santra A, Banerjee S, Das K, Dwibedi B, Kar SK, Rao VG, Bhat JT, Singh N, Chowdhury A and Datta S. Distinctiveness of Hepatitis B virus in a primitive population group of Eastern India. J Clin Microbiol. 2010; 48 (11):4063-71. ( IF: 3.945)
12. Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Kar SK and Pal BB. An Ogawa Cholera Outbreak 6 Months after the Inaba Cholera Outbreaks in India, 2006. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2010 ;43(2):133-137.( IF: NA)
13. Mandal N N, Bal M S, Das M K, Achary G P and Kar S K. Lymphatic filariasis in children: Age dependent prevalence in an area of India endemic for Wuchereria bancrofti infection. Tropical Biomedecine, 2010; 27(1):41-46. ( If: 0.59)
14. Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Kar SK and Patnaik B. Epidemics of severe cholera caused by El Tor Vibrio cholerae O1 Ogawa possessing the ctxB gene of the classical biotype in Orissa, India. Int J Infect Dis. 2010; 14(5):e384-9. ( IF: 2.21)
15. Rout R, Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK and Ranjit M. Genetic diversity of PfEMP1-DBL 1-Î± and its association with severe malaria in a hyperendemic state of India. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. 2010;Â 3(7): 505-509 ( IF: NA)
16. Sahu P, Kar S K and Mahapatra A. Seroepidemiological Study of Hepatitis B and C Viral Infection in Acute and Chronic Hepatitis Patients in a Hospital Setup in Orissa. Journal of pure and applied Microbiology. 2010; 4(1):251-255. (IF: NA)
17. Swain S, Mohanty A, Tripathy HK, Mahapatra N, Kar SK and Hazra RK. Molecular identification and phylogeny of Myzomyia and Neocellia series of Anopheles subgenus Cellia (Diptera: Culicidae). Infect Genet Evol. 2010; 10(7):931-9. ( IF: 2.792)
18. Tripathy A, Samanta L, Das S, Parida SK, Marai N, Hazra RK, Kar SK and Mahapatra N. Distribution of sibling species of Anopheles culicifacies s.l. and Anopheles fluviatilis s.l. and their vectorial capacity in eight different malaria endemic districts of Orissa, India. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 2010; 105(8):981-7. (IF: 1.450)
1. Babu BV, Kar SK. Domestic violence against women in eastern India: a population-based study on prevalence and related issues. BMC Public Health. 2009; 9(9):129.
2. Babu BV, Mishra S, Nayak AN. Marriage, sex, and hydrocele: an ethnographic study on the effect of filarial hydrocele on conjugal life and marriageability from orissa, India. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2009; 3(4):414.
3. Bal MS, Beuria MK, Mandal NN and Das MK. Antigenaemia in young children living in Wuchereria bancrofti endemic areas of Orissa. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009; 103:262-265.
4. Bal MS, Mandal NN, Das MK, Kar SK, Sarangi SS, Beuria MK. Transplacental transfer of filarial antigens from Wuchereria bancrofti-infected mothers to their offspring. Parasitology. 2009; 23:1-5.
5. Das A, Manickam P, Yvan Hutin, , B. Pattnaik Pal BB, Chhotray GP, Kar SK and Gupte MD.Two sequential outbreaks in two villages illustrate modes of transmission of cholera. Epidemiology and infection. 2009; 137(6):906-12.
6. Das A, Manickam P, Hutin Y, Pal BB, Chhotray GP, Kar SK, Gupte MD. An outbreak of cholera associated with an unprotected well in Parbatia, Orissa, Eastern India. J Health Popul Nutr. 2009; 27(5):646-51.
7. Das Anamika, Das TK, Sahu U, Das BP, Kar SK and Ranjit MR. CD36 T188G gene polymorphism and severe falciparum malaria in India. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009; 203(7):687-90.
8. Dhangadamajhi G, Kar SK and Ranjit MR. High prevalence and gender bias in distribution of Plasmodium malariae infection in central east-coast India. Trop Biomed. 2009; 26(3):326-33.
9. Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK and Ranjit M.Genetic variation in neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) gene and susceptibility to cerebral malaria in Indian adults. Infect Genet Evol. 2009; 9(5):908-11.
10. Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK, Ranjit MR (2009).The CCTTT pentanucleotide microsatellite in iNOS promoter influences the clinical outcome in P. falciparum infection. Parasitology Research. 2009; 104:1315-20.
11. Dhangadamajhi G, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK and Ranjit MR. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene polymorphisms and P falciparum infection in Indian adults. Infection and Immunity. 2009; 77 (7):2943-7.
12. Dwibedi B, Pramanik JM, Sahu P, Kar SK and Moharana T. Prevalence of genital Chlamydia infection in females attending an Obstetrics and Gynecology out patient department in Orissa. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol. 2009; 75(6):614-6.
13. Kerketta AS, Babu BV, Mohapatra S S S, Kar S K. Clinical profile of lymphatic Filariasis in children: a hospital based stucy from Orissa. Indian Paediatrics. 2009; 46(3):261.
14. Kerketta AS and Babu BV. Clinicians' attitude on mass drug administration under the programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis: a qualitative study from Orissa, India. Asia Pac J Public Health. 2009; 21(1): 112-7.
15. Kerketta AS, Bulliyya G, Babu BV, Mohapatra SSS, Nayak RN. Health status of the elderly population among four primitive tribesof Orissa, India: A clinico epidemiological study. Z Gerontol Geriatr. 2009; 42:53-59.
16. Mand S, Pfarr K, Sahoo PK, Satapathy AK ,Specht S, Klarmann U, Debrah AY, Ravindran B, and Hoerauf A .Macrofilaricidal Activity and Amelioration of Lymphatic Pathology in Bancroftian Filariasis after 3 Weeks of Doxycycline followed by Single-Dose Diethylcarbamazine. Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 2009; 81:702-711.
17. Mandal NN, Bal MS, Das MK and Beuria MK. Protective efficacy of a filarial surface antigen in experimental filariasis. Journal of Helmnithology. 2009; 83: 47 - 50.
18. Mohanty A, Swain S, Kar SK and Hazra RK. Analysis of the Phylogenetic Relationship of Anopheles Species, Subgenus Cellia (Diptera: Culicidae) and Using It to Define the Relationship of Morphologically Similar Species. Infect Genet Evol.Â 2009; 9(6):1204-24.
19. Mohanty A, Swain S, Singh DV, Mahapatra N, Kar SK, Das AP andÂ Hazra RK. A unique methodology for mapping the spread of chloroquine-resistant strains of Plasmodium falciparum, in previously unreported areas, by analyzing the anophelines of malaria endemic zones of Orissa, India. Inf. Gen.Evol. 2009; 9(4):462-7.
20. Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Kar SK and Patnaik B. Epidemics of severe cholera caused by El Tor Vibrio cholerae O1 Ogawa possessing the ctxB gene of the classical biotype in Orissa, India. Int J Infect Dis. 2009; 23.
21. Ranjit MR , Sahu U, Khatua CR, Mohapatra BN, Achraya A S and Kar S K.Chloroquine-resistant p falciparum parasites and severe malaria in Orissa. Current Science. 2009; 96:1608-1611.
22. Swain S, Mohanty A, Mahapatra N, Parida SK, Marai NS, Tripathy HK, Kar SK and Hazra RK. The development and evaluation of a single step multiplex PCR for simultaneous detection of Anopheles annularis group mosquitoes, human host preference and Plasmodium falciparum sporozoite presence. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg.2009; 103; 11:1146-52.
23. Rout R, Mohapatra BN, Kar SK and Ranjit MR. Genetic complexity and transmissibility of Plasmodiumfalciparum parasites causing severe malaria in central-east coast India. Trop Biomed. 2009; 26: 165â€“172 .
24. Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Kar SK and Pal BB. Emergence of Nalidixic Acid Resistant Vibrio cholerae O139 in Orissa, India and identification of its responsible protein component. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology.2009; 3(1): 371-374.
25. Kumar S, Parida S.K, Marai N.S, Hazra R. K, Tripathy A, Kar S. K and Mahapatra N. Vectorial role of An. Subpictus and An. Culicifacies in Angul district of Orissa, India. Southeast Asian J. Trop. Med Public Health. 2009;40(4):
26. Mahapatra N, Panda SP, Acharya AS, Hazra RK, Parida SK, Marai N, Kar SK, Mahapatra A, Narasinghan K, Mohapatra S and Mahavadani UV. Toxicological response of Culex Quantifascitus and An. Stephensi to two different plant extracts. Journal of Current Sciences. 2009:14(1):291-296.
27. Purohit B and Mahapatra A.Â A Review on High Burden of Malaria duringÂ Â Pregnancy: Need of Social Science Intervention. Ethno Medicine. 2009; 3 (1): pp- 33-38.
28. Nishank SS, Ranjit MR, Kar SK and Chhotray GP. Molecular variants and clinical importance of B thalassaemia traits found in the State of Orissa, India. Hematology.2009; 14(5):1-7.
1. Babu BV and Mishra S. Mass drug administration under the programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in Orissa, India: a mixed-methods study to identify factors associated with compliance and non-complianc.Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2008; 102 (12) 1207-1213.
2. Babu BV, Swain BK and Kar SK. Primary Health Care Services among a migrant indigenous population living in eastern Indian City. Journal of Immigr Minor Health. Sept.2008;
3. Bulliyya G, Dwibedi B, Mallick G, Sethy GS, Kar SK. Determination of iodine nutrition and community knowledge regarding iodine deficiency disorders in selected tribal bloks of Orissa, India. Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2008; 21(1): 79-88.
4. Kerketta AS, Mohapatra SSS, and Kar, SK. Assessment of the therapeutic efficacy of chloroquine in the treatment of uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria in a tribal block of the Kalahandi district of Orissa, India. Tropical Doctor. 2008; (38): 82-83.
5. Kerketta AS, Bulliyya G, Babu BV, Mohapatra SSS and Nayak RN. Health status of the elderly population among four primitive tribesof Orissa, India: A clinico epidemiological study. Z Gerontol Geriatr. Apr. 2008;
6. Kerketta AS, K Dhal and Nayak RN. A successful outcome of gross haematuria treated with diethylcarbamazine and Ivermectin. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2008; 102(5): 506-7.
7. Khuntia HK, Pal BB and Chhotray GP . Vibrio cholerae O139 may be the progenitor of cholera outbreak in coastal district of Orissa, India, 2000: A molecular evidence. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2008; 78 (5): 819-822.
8. Khuntia HK, Pal BB, Chhotray GP (2008). Quadriplex PCR Assay simultaneous for detection of biotype, serotype, toxigenic potential and central regulating factor of V.cholerae. Journal of clinical Microbiology. 2008; 46 (7):2399-401.
9. Khuntia HK , Samal SK, Nayak SR , A.K.Sarangi AK, .Mohanty P , Kar SK and Pal BB Incidence, Serotype, antibiogram and Toxigenicity of V.cholerae during 2000, six month after the Super Cyclone, 1999 in Orissa, India. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. 2008; (2):187-204.
10. Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Sarangi AK, Nayak SR, Kar S K, and Pal BB. Ecological interaction of toxigenic vibrio cholerae in aquatic environment.Current world Environment. 2008; 3: 109-113.
11. Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Sarangi Ak, Nayak SR, Sahoo D, Kar Sk, and Pal BB. Sprtum of Multiple antibiotic resistance among clinical strains of vibrio cholerae O1 and O139 isolates during 1999-2003 in Orissa, India. Biochemical and Pharmacology Journal. 2008; 1 (1): 177-184.
12. Mandal NN, Bal MS, Das MK, Beuria MK .Protective efficacy of filarial surface antigen in experimental filariasis.J Helminthology. 2008; 16: 1-4.
13. Mishra S, Swain BK, Babu BV. Sexual risk behaviour among migrant tribals living in urban slums of an eastern Indian city: implications on the spread of HIV. Coll Antropol. 2008; 32(1):1-4.
14. Nishank SS, Ranjit MR and Chhotray GP. First report of non-sense mutation at codon 15 (TGGâ†’TAG) in exon 1 of -globin gene in a thalassaemia trait in state of Orissa (India). Hematology.2008 13; 1:65-67.
15. Nishank SS, Chhotray GP, Kar SK and Ranjit MR. Molecular variants of G6PD deficiency among certain tribal communities of Orissa (India). Ann Hum Biol. 2008; 35(3):355-61.
16. Sahu BR, Mohanty MC, Sahoo PK, Satapathy AK and Ravindran B. Protective immunity in human filariasis: A role for parasite specific IgA responses. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2008; 198:434-43.
17. Samal SK , K. Khuntia HK,Â Sarangi AK , Nayak SR, Sahoo N ,Â Chhotray GP andÂ Pal BB (2008). Incidence of bacterial enteropathogens among hospitalized diarrhoea patients from Orissa, India. Japanese J. Infectious Diseases, 2008; 61(5): 350-355.
1. Babu B V, Nayak A N and Kerketta, A S. A survey on foot care practices among filarial lymphoedema patients from Orissa, India. Tropical Biomedicine. 2007; 24 (2): 7-14.
2. Babu B.V., Mishra, S., Swain, B.K. Personal-protection measures against mosquitoes: a study of practices and costs in a district, in the Indian state of Orissa, where malaria and lymphatic filariasis are co-endemic. Annals Trop Med Parositol. 2007; 101 (7): 601-609.
3. Balgir RS .Aberrant Heterosis in Hemoglobinopathies with Special Reference to thalassemia and Structurally Abnormal Hemoglobins E and S in Orissa, India. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2007; 1: 122-130.
4. Balgir RS. Genetic Burden of Red Cell Enzyme Glucose-6-PhosphateÂ Â Dehydrogenase Deficiency in Two Major Scheduled Tribes of Sundargarh District in Northwestern Orissa. Current Science. 2007; 92: 768-774.
5. Balgir RS. Identification of a Rare Blood Group "Bombay (Oh) Phenotype" in Bhuyan Tribe of Northwestern Orissa, India. Indian Journal of Human Genetics. 2007; 13: 109-113.
6. Balgir RS. Infant Mortality and Reproductive Wastage Associated with Different Genotypes of Haemoglobinopathies in Orissa, India. Annals of Human Biology. 2007; 34: 16-25.
7. Bulliyya G, Mallick G, Sethy GS and Kar SK. Haemoglobin status of non-school going adolescent girls in three districts of Orissa, India. International Journal of Adolescent Medicine and Health. 2007; 19(4): 19(4):395-406.
8. Kerketta AS, Babu BV, Swain BK. Clinicians' practices related to management of filarial adenolymphangitis and lymphoedema in Orissa, India. Acta Trop.2007; 102(3):159-64.
9. Mishra K, Raj DK, Hazra RK, Dash AP and Supakar PC. The development and evaluation of a single step multiplex PCR method for simultaneous detection of Brugia malayi and Wuchereria bancrofti. Mol Cell Probes. 2007; 21(5-6):355-62.
10. Mohanty A, Kar P, Mishra K, Singh DV, Mohapatra N, Kar SK, Dash A P and Hazra R K. Multiplex PCR assay for the detection of anopheles fluviatilis species complex, Human host preference and Plasmodium Falciparum sporozoite presence, using a unique mosquito processing method. Am J Trop Med and Hygiene. 2007; 76(5): 837-843.
11. Rath K, Nayak AN and Babu BV. Communityâ€™s knowledge and perceptions about filarial elephantiasis and hydrocele in coastal Orissa, India.Â Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health. 2007; 19(1): 28-33.
12. Sethy PGS, Bulliyya G, Mallick G, Swain BK and Kar SK. Prevalence of goitre and iodine deficiency among school children in urban slums of Bhubaneswar, Orissa. Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 2007; 74 (10): 917-9
1. Babu BV, Behera D K, Kerketta A S, Mishra S, Rath K, Swain BK, Mishra S and Kar S K. Inclusive partnership strategy to increase compliance of mass drug administration during the programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in urban areas of India.Â Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology. 2006; 100(7): 621-630.
2. Babu BV, Nayak AN, Rath K, Kerketta AS. Use of the Dermatology Life Quality Index in filarial lymphoedema patients. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2006; 100(3): 258-63.
3. Babu BV, Rath K, Kerketa A S, Swain B. K, Mishra S and Kar S.K. Adverse reactions following mass drug administration during the programme to eliminate lymphatic Filariasis in Orissa state, India. Trans Rl Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2006; 100: 464-469.
4. Babu BV, Swain BK and Rath K. Impact of chronic lymphatic filariasis on quantity and quality of productive work among weavers in an endemic village from India. Trop Med Int Health. 2006; 11(5): 712-7.
5. Mahapatra N, Marai NS, Ranjit MR, Parida SK, Hansdah DP, Hazra RK, Kar SK. Detection of plasmodium falciparum infection in anopheles mosquitoes from Keonjhar district, Orissa, India. J Vector Borne Dis. 2006 ;43(4):191-194.
6. Mand S, Supali T,Â Djuardi J, Kar SK , Ravindran B andÂ Hoerauf A . Detection of adult Brugia malayi filariae by ultrasonography in humans in India and Indonesia. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2006; 11(9):1375-81.
7. Mishra S, Raj DK, Hazra RK, Dash AP and Supakar PC. An efficient PCR--SSCP-based method for detection of a chloroquine resistance marker in the PfCRT gene of Plasmodium falciparum. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2006; 100(3):243-7.
8. Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Samal SK, Das SS and Chhotray GP. Emergence of Vibrio cholerae O1 biotype El Tor serotype Inaba causing outbreaks of cholera in Orissa, India. Jpn. J. Infect. Dis. 2006, 59: 264-266.
9. Parida S K. Hazra RK Marai NS .Triphathy HK and Mohapatra N. Host Feeding patterns of Malaria vectors of Orissa, India. J Am Mosq. Cont. Association. 2006; 22(4):629-34.
10. Rath K, Nath N, Mishra Shaloumy, Swain BK, Mishra Suchismita and Babu B V.Â Knowledge and perception about lymphatic Filariasis: a study during programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in an urban community of Orissa, India. Tropical Biomedicine. 2006; 23(2): 156-162.
11. Satapathy AK, Sartono E, Sahoo P. K, Dentener M.A, Michael E, Yazdanbakhsh M, Ravindran B. Human bancroftian filariasis: Immunological markers of morbidity and infection. Microbes and Infection. 2006; 8:2414-2423.
12.Balgir, R. S. A Sickle Disease Career Family with a Pair of Dizygotic Twins From kalahandi District of Western Orissa, India. Int. J. Hum Genetics.2006; 6(4): 287-290.
1. Babu BV, Nayak AN and Dhal K. Epidemiology of episodic adenolymphangitis: a longitudinal prospectivesurveillance among a rural community endemic for bancroftian filariasis in coastal Orissa, India. BMC Public Health. 2005; 5:50.
2. Babu BV. A rapid method to assess the coverage of the mass drug administration of diethylcarbazine in the programe to eliminate lymphatic filariasis. South Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health. 2005; 36: 44-45.
3. Balgir RS. Detection of rare blood group â€œBombay (oh) phenotype among the Kutia Kandh primitive tribes of Orissa, India. International J Human Genetics. 2005; 5(3): 193-198.
4. Balgir RS. The spectrum of hemoglobin variant in two scheduled tribes of Sundergarh District in North- Western Orissa, India. Annals of Human Biology. 2005; 32(5):560-73.
5. Balgir RS. Spectrum of hemoglobinopathies in the state of Orissa in India. A Ten year cohort study. JAPI. 2005; 53: 1021-1026.
6. Bulliyya G. Growth status of children under-six in a tribal dominated ICDS block of Kalahandi district of western Orissa, India. South Asian Anthropologis. 2005; 5 (1): 61-76 (2005).
7. Chhotray GP, Ranjit MR, Khuntia, KH and Acharya AS. Precontrol observation on lymphatic filariasis and geo- helminthes in two coastal districts of Orissa. Indian J Med Research. 2005; 122: 388-394.
8. Das D, Kumar S, Dash A P and Babu, BV. Knowledge of lymphatic filariasis among the population of an endemic area in rural Madhya Pradesh. Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology. 2005; 99: 101-104.
9. Das D, Kumar S, Sahoo PK and Dash APA survey of branctoftian filariasis for microfilariae and circulating antigenaemia in two villages of Madhya Pradesh. Indian J Medical Research. 2005; 121: 771-775.
10. Kerketa AS, Babu BV, Rath K, Jangid PK, Nayak AN and Kar SK. A Randomised clinical trial tocompaire the efficacy of three treatment regimens along with foot care in morbidity management of filarial lymphoedema. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2005; 10: 698-750.
11. Mishra K, Raj D Kumar, Dash A P and Hazra RK. Combined detection of Brugia malayi and wuchereria bancrofri using single PCR. Acta Tropica. 2005; 93: 233-237.
12. Mishra K, Raj D. Kumar, Hazra RK and Dash A.P. A simple, artificial membrane feeding method for the radio isotope labeling of Aedes aegpti polypeptide in vivo. Annals Trop Med Parasitol. 2005; 99: 803-806.
13. Ranjit MR, Das A, Das BP, Das BN, Dash BP and Chhotray GP. Distribution of Plasmodium genotypes in clinical mild and severe malaria cases in Orissa, India. Trans Royal Soc Trop Med Hygn. 2005; 99: 389-395.
14. Rath K, Swain BK, Mishra S, Patasahani T, Kerketta AS and Babu BV. Peripheral health workersâ knowledge and practices related to filarial lymphoedema care: a study in an endemic district of Orissa, India. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygien. 2005; 72: 430-433.
15. Sahoo PK, Satapathy AK, Michael E and Ravindran B. Concomitant parasitism: Bancroftian filariasis and intenstinal helminths and response to albendazole. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 200; 73(5): 877-80.
16. Sahu BR, Mohapatra AD, Majumdar A, Das PK and Ravindran B. A flow cytometry based method for studying embryogenesis and immune reactivity to embryogenic stages in filarial parasites. Filaria J. 2005; Nov 7; 4(1):11.
1. Babu B V and Kar S.K. Coverage, compliance and some operational issues of mass drug administration during the programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in Orissa, India. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2004; 9(6): 701-709.
2. Babu BV and Nayak AK. Recording and Reporting process of Health Information by the Health System: A syudy from Khurda District of Orissa, India. J Human Ecology. 2004; 15:295-297.
3. Babu BV and Nath N. The programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in Orissa, India: the attitudes of some programme partners. Annals of Tropical Medicine Parasitology. 2004; 98(7):751-7.
4. Babu BV, Hazra RK, Chhotray GP and Satyanarayan K. Knowledge and beliefs about elephantiasis and hydrocele of lymphatic filariasis and some socio-demographic determinants in an endemic community of eastern India. Public Health. 2004; 118:121-127.
5. Balgir RS, Dash BP and Murmu B. Blood Groups, Hemoglobinopathy and G-6-PD Deficiency Investigations among Fifteen Major Scheduled Tribes of Orissa, India. The Anthropologist. 2004; 6 (1): 69-75.
6. Balgir RS. Hereditary persistence of foetal haemoglobin in a tribal family of Orissa, India. National Medical Journal of India. 2004; 17(3):138-40.
7. Bulliyya G. Anthropo-ecological dimensions of the Eastern-ghats section of Orissa: an overview. South Asian Anthropologist. 2004; 4(1): 73-88.
8. Bulliyya G. Micronutrient malnutrition with reference to iron deficiency anaemia status in Orissa. Man in India. 2004; 84(1): 33-50.
9. Chhotray G P, Dash B P, Ranjit M R. Spectrum of Haemolglobinopatheis in Orissa, India. Haemoglobin. 2004; 28: 117 122.
10. MangalaA, Khare A, Vineeth V, Pandey NN, Mukhopadhyay A, Ravindran B, Bal V,Â and George A, Rath S.Pleiotropic consequences of Bruton tyrosine kinase deficiency in myeloid lineages lead to poor inflammatory responses. Blood. 2004; 104(4):1191-7.
11. Noordin R, Aziz RA and Ravindran B. Homologs of the Brugia malayi diagnostic antigen BmR1 are present in other filarial parasites but induce different humoral immune responses. Filaria Journal. 2004; 31; 3(1):10.
12. Panda M and Mohapatra A. Malaria Control: An over view in India. J Human Ecology. 2004; 15(2): 101-104.
13. Ranjit M R, Das A, Chhotray G P, Dash B P and Das B N. The Pfcrt (K76T) point mutation favours clone multiplicity in P.falciparum infection. Tropical Medicine International Health. 2004; 9(8): 857-861.
14.Vathsala P G, Pramanik A, Dhanasekharan S, Ushadevi C, Pillai C R, Subbarao S K, Ghosh S K, Tiwari S N, Sathyanarayan T S, Deshpande P R, Mishra G C, Ranjit M R, Dash A P, Rangarajan P N and Padmanavan G. Widespread occurrence of the Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine resistance transporter (PfCRT) gene haplotype SVMNT in P.falciparum malaria in India. American journal of Tropical Medicine hygiene, 2004; 70(3) : 256 259.
15.Balgir RS. Health Care strategies, genetic load and prevention of hemoglobinopathies in tribal communities of India. South Asian Anthropologist. 2004; 4(2): 189-198.
16. Ranjit MR, Das A, Chhotray GP, Roth R N and Kar S.K., The pfCRT (K76T) point mutation in plasmodium falciparum and its usefulness for monitoring chloroquine resistance . Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology. 2004; 98(8): 879-882.
17. Mahapatra, N.,Dash, A. P. and Hazra, R. K. Application of dyar rule to the Development of two species of Culex (Diptera, Culicidae).2004; 13:149-154.
18. Mangla A. , khare A, Vineeth V, Panday N N , Mukhopadhyay A ,Rabindran B , Bal V, George a and Rath S. Pleiotropic Consequences of Bruton Tyrosine Kinase Deficiency in Myeloid Lineages lead to poor Inflammatory responses. Blood. 2004; 104(4); 1191-1197.
1. Balgir RS. Prevalence of Abnormal Hemoglobin E Gene in the Dhelki Kharia Tribal Population. Current Scienc. 2003, 85 (11): 1604-1608.
2. Alli R, Bhunia B, Chhotray G P, Reddy M V R and Harinath B C. Microscopic haematuria as an occult filarial infection in Bhubaneswar an endemic area for bancroftian filariasis. Indian Journal of clinical Biochemist. 2003; 18 (1):61 â€“ 64.
3. Babu B V and Nayak A N. Footcare among lymphoedema patients attending filariasis clinic in south India: a study of knowledge and practice. Annals Trop Med Parasitol. 2003; 97(3):321-324.
4. Babu BV and Nayak A N. Treatment costs and work time loss due to episodic adenolymphangitis in lymphatic filariasis patients in rural communities of Orissa, India. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2003; 8 (12): 1102-1109.
5. Babu BV and Satyanarayana K. Factors responsible for coverage and compliance in mass drug administration during the programme to eliminate lymphatic filariasis in the East Godavari District, South India. Tropical Doctor. 2003; 33:79-82.
6. Babu BV and Satyanarayana K. Healthcare workersâ€™ knowledge of lymphatic filariasis and its control in an endemic area of Eastern India: implications on control programme. Tropical Doctor.2003; 33:41-42.
7. Bal MS, Beuria M.K, Mandal NN and Das M.K. Antigenemia is associated with low antibody response to carbohydrate determinants of a filarial surface antigen. Parasite Immunology.2003; 25 (2): 107-111.
8. Bal MS, Beuria MK, Mandal, NN and Das, MK. Parasite antigenaemia and IgG4 antibodies to a filarial protease in an endemic human population in India. J Helminthology. 2003; 77: 287-290.
9. Balgir R S, Mishra R K and Murmu B. Clinical and Hematological profile of Hemoglobinopathies in two tribal communities of Sundergarh District in Orissa, India. International J Human Genetics. 2003; 3 940: 209-216.
10. Balgir RS. Morphological and Regional Variations in Body Dimensions of the Gujjars of Different Localities in North-Western India. Anthropologischer Anzeiger. 2003;Â 61(3): 275-285.
11. Beuria M K, Bal M S, Mandal N N and Das M K. Age dependent prevalence of asymptomatic amicfilaraemic individuals in a Wuchereria bancrofti-endemic region on India. Trans Royal Soc. Trop Med. Hygiene. 2003; 97: 297-298.
12. Bulliyya G. Anthropometrically determined malnutrition among preschool children in an Integrated Child Development Services Block of Gajapathi district, Orissa. Journal of Human Ecology. 2003; 14(4): 291-296.
13. Chhotray GP, Dash BP, Ranjit MR, Cohla Roshan B and Mohanty D. Haemoglobin E/ Thalassaemia: An Experience in the Eastern India State of Orissa. Acta Haematologica. 2003; 109: 214-216.
14. Das B K, Mishra S, Padhi P K, Manish R, Tripathy R, Sahoo P K ans Ravindran, B. Pentoxifylline adjunct improves prognosis of human cerebral malaria in adults. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 2003; 8 (8): 680-684.
15. Das Soma, Varghese V, Chaudury S, Barman P, Mohapatra S, Kojima K, Bhattachary SK, Krishna T, Tatho RK, Chotray G P, Phukan A C, Kobayashi N and Naik T N. Emergence of Novel Human Group A Rotavirus G12 strains in India. Journal of Clinical Microbiology.2003; 41(6):2760-2762.
16. Mannan BA, Patel K, Malhotra I, Ravindran B and Sharma S. How specific is the immune response to malaria in adults living in endemicareas? J Vector Borne Dis. 2003 Sep-Dec; 40(3-4):84-91.
17. Nayak A N and Babu BV. Tribal health problems: an anthropological appraisal. Man in India. 2003; 83 (3and4): 301-313.
18. Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Acharya AS and Chhotray GP. Drug abusers- A new high risk population from HIV infection in Orissa. Indian J Medical Microbiology.2003; 21(4): 262-264.
19. Ravindran B, Satapathy A K, Sahoo P K and Mohanty M C. Protective immunity in human lymphatic filariasis: Problems and prospects. Med Microbiol Immunol.2003; 192: 41-46.
20. Ravindran B. Aping Jane Goodal: insights in to human lymphatic filariasis. Trends in Parasitology. 2003; 19(3): 105-109.
21. Bulliyya G. Secular Deterioration in Nutritional Status of Young Children: An Alarming Menace for the state of Orissa. Man in India. 2003; 83 (1 and 2): 49-71.
22. Bulliyya G. Atherogenic Aspects of Tobacco Smoking in a Coastal Population of Andhra Pradesh, India. J. Hum. Ecol. 2003; 14 (5): 349-353.
23. Pal BB, Khuntia HK, Acharya AS, Chhotray GP.drugs Abusers- A New High Risk Population for HIV Infection in Orissa. Ind. J. Med. Microbiology. 2003; 21 (4): 262-264.
1.Ravindran B. Mass drug administration to treat lymphatic filariasis. The Lancet. 2002; 359 (9321): 1948.
2.Mukhophadya S , Mohanty M C , Mangla A , George A , Bal V , Rath S and Ravindran B . Macrophage Effecter functions controlled by Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase are more crucial than the cytokine balance of T-cell responses for microfilarial clearance. Journal of Immunology. 2002; 168: 2914-2921.
3.Sahoo P K , Babu Geddam JJ , Satapathy A K , Mohanty M C, Das B K, Acharya A S , Mishra N and Ravindran B . Human Bancroftian Filariasis- A 13 year follow-up of Microfilariae carriers and Endemic Normals in Orissa, India. Parasitology. 2002; 124: 191-201.
4.Beuria M K, Bal M, Mandal N N and Das M K. Antigenemia at 10 years after diethylcarbazine treatment of asymptomatc microfilaraemic individuals: marginal conversion to infection - Free State. Parasite Immunology. 2002; 24,109-111.
5.Chhotray G P , Pal BB , Khuntia H.K ,Choudhury NR, Chakraborty S, Yamasaki S, Ramamurty T, Takeda T, Bhatacharya SK and Nair GB. Incidence and molecular analysis of Vibrio cholerae associated with cholera outbreak subsequent to the supercyclone in Orissa, India. Epidemiology and Infection. 2002; 128: 131-138.
6.Babu B V , Nayak A N , Dhal K , Acharya A S , Jangid P K and Mallick G. The economic loss to individuals with chronic lymphatic filariasis in rural communities of Orissa, India. Acta Tropica. 2002; 82(1):31-38.
7.Balgir R S, Kerketta A. S., Murmu B and Dash B P. Clinical Assessment of Health and nutritional status of Gond Children in Kalahandi District of Orissa. Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2002; 39: 31.
8.Balgir R S, The genetic burden of hemato- globinopathies with special reference to community health in India and the challenges ahead. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion. 2002; 20 : 2-7.
9.Bulliyya G , Mohapatra SSS, Kerketta A S , Das R K and Jangid P K . Status of anemia among the elderly Paudi Bhuniya Primitive tribe of Sundergarh district, Orissa. Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2002; 38(3): 403-411.
10.Kar Subrat K, Dash VLN and Babu B V. Nutritional plight of Orissa: an overview. Man in India. 2002; 82 (1 and2): 143-154.
11.Nayak A N , Jangid P K , Acharya A S , Babu B V Lymphatic filariasis, household environment and human behaviour: a study among the rural population of coastal Orissa. Journal of Human Ecology, 2002; 13: 283-286.
12.Bulliyya, G.ABO And Rh(D) Blood Groups in Relation to the Risk Traits from Coronary Artery Disease. South Asian anthropologist. 2002; 2 (1):1-7.
13.Balgir RS.Academic Curricula of Anthropology need Overhauling: An Observation..Man in India.2002;82 (3 and 4): 407- 412.
14.Mohanty M C, Rabindran B. Deficiency in antibody responses to T-independent antigens in gerbils- Meriones unguiculatus. Development and Comparative Immunology.2002; 26(4): 385-97.
1.Beuria M K, Mandal N N, Bal M S, and Das M K. Immediate type hypersensitivity reaction: an immunological marker for microfilaria negative individuals with hydrocele. Current Science. 2001; 80:125-126.
2.Satapathy A K, Sahoo P K Gedda JJB , Mohanty M C and Ravindran, B. Human bancroptian filariasis is not associated with production of antibodies to microfilarimia sheat. Parasite Immunology. 2001; 23:163-167.
3.Mohanty M C, Satapathy A K, Sahoo P K and Ravindran, B. Human bancroptian filariasis – a role for antibodies to parasite carbohydrates. Clinical Experimental Immunology .2001; 124:54-61.
4.Ravindran B. Filariasis: are inflammation and immunological hyperactivity needed for parasite development? Trends in Parasitology. 2001; 17:70-73.
5.Beuria M K, Bal M S, Mandal N N, and Das M K. A long term follow-up of asympto matic amicrofilarimic individuals living in a filariae endemic region of orissa, India: Infection and diseases status. Transactions of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hyegine.2001; 95:408-409.
6.Balgir R S. Genetic Epidemiology of Sekel cell anemia in India. Current Medical Trends. 2001; 5: 872-888.
7.Ravindran B. Filariasis Control: ethics, economics and good Science. The Lancet. 2001; 358:246.
8.Das A P, Chhotray G P, Mohapatra N and Hazra, R K. Retrospective Analysis of Epidemiological Investigation of Japanese Encephalitis outbreak occurred in Rourkela, Orissa,India. South East Asia Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health.2001; 32:137-139.
9.Babu B V,Acharya A S, Mallick G, Jangid P K, Nayak A N, Satyanarayan, K. Lymphatic Filariasis in Khurda District of Orissa, India: An Epidemiological Study. South East Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine and Public Health. 2001; 32:240-243.
10. Mohapatra, S.S.S., Bulliyya, G., Kerketta, A.S., Acharya, A.S. Thyroxin and thyrotropin profile in neonates and school children in an iodine deficiency disorders endemic area of Orissa. Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietics. 2001; 38: 98-101.
11.Mohapatra SSS, Bulliyya G, Kerketta AS, Geddam JJB and Acharya A.S. Elimination of iodine deficiency disorders by 2000 AD, its bearing on the people of a district of Orissa, India: a knowledge-attitude-practice study. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2001; 10(1): 58-62.
12.Chhotray GP, Mohapatra M, Acharya AS, and Ranjit M R. A Clinico-epidemiological Perspective of Lymphatic Filariasis in Satyabadi Block of Puri District, Orissa. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2001; 114:65-71.
13. Dutta K and Acharya A.S. Sequential estimation of genetic propertions in simple sampling plans. Journal of Science and Technology, Sambalpur University. 2001; 13:75-87.
14.Mohapatra A, Geddam JJB, Marai NS, Murmu B, Mallick G , Acharya AS, Bulliyya G and Satyanarayan K.Nutritional Status of rural oriya women from drought affected Kalahandi district of Orissa. Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetrics. 2001; 38:403-411.
15.Babu B V, Chhotray G P, Hazra R K, and Satyanarayan K.Community perception of district health system. Journal of Health Management. 2001; 32:240-243.
16.Nayak A N and Babu B V. Utilisation of services related to safe motherhood among the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes of Orissa: an over view. South Asian Anthropologist. 2001; 1: 117-122.
17.Balgir R S. Indegenous and Independent origin of BS- Mutation in Ancient India: Is it a myth or reality? Mankind Quarterly. 2001; 42:99-116.
1.Babu B V, Chhotray G P, Hazra R K and Satyanarayana K. Perception interaction of Vulnerablegroups with the government health services. The Indian Journal of social work. 2000; 61:54-65.
2.Satapathy A K , Bala M S and Das M K. Differential antibody response to parasite lipid antigens in lymphatic filariasis. Current Science. 2000; 78:1371-75.
3.Sahoo P K , Geddam J JB, Satapathy A K, Mohanty M C and Ravindran B. Bancroftian Filariasis: Prevalence of antigenaemia and endemic normal in orissa- India. Transactions Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. 2000; 94:515-517.
4.Ravindran B, Satapathy A K, Sahoo P K and Geddam J JB. Protective Immunity in human bancroptian filariasis: inverse relationship between antibodies to microfilarial sheath and circulating filarial antigen. Parasite Immunology. 2000; 22:633-637.
5.Mohapatra S S S , Bulliyya G, Kerketa A S and Acharya A S. Iodine deficiency disorders in a district of western orissa. Indian Pediatrics. 2000; 37:536-39.
6.Mohapatra A, Geddam J J B, Marai N, Murmu B, Mallick G, Bulliyya, G, Acharya A S and Satyanarayan K. Nutrition status of preschool children in the drought affected kalahandi districts of Orissa. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 2000; 111:90-94.
7.Mandal N N and Das M K .A four year follow-up study of Filaria –specific IgE response in individuals with hydrocele. Indian Journal of Medical Research .2000; 112: 203-205.
8.Mohanty M C , Sahoo P K, Satapathy A K and Ravindran, B. Setaria digitata infections in cattle ; parasite load , microfilaraemia status and relationship to immune response. Journal of Helminthology. 2000; 74: 334-47.
9.Balgir R S. The burden of hemoglobinopathies in India and challenge ahead. Current Science. 2000; 79:1536-47.
10.Chhotray G P, Ranjit M R and Kumar Anil. Periodicity of W. bancrofti microfilaria in orissa. Indian Journal Human Ecology. 2000;11: 315-317.
11.Dash A P, Hazra R K, Mohapatra N and Tripathy H K. Disappearance of Anopheles sundaicus from Chilka lake area of Orissa state in India. Medical and Veterinary Entomology. 2000; 14: 445-49.
12.Babu B V, Kusuma Y S and Naidu J M. Anthroposcopic variation among sub tribes of Mali from Andhra Pradesh. The Anthropologist. 2000; 2:143-146.
13.Pal B B, Khuntia H K, Anuradha A and Chhotray G P. Emergence of Vibrio Cholerae 0139 sero group during 1995 in Orissa, India: A retrospective study. Indian Journal of Medical Mycrobiology.2000; 18:195-196.
14.Bulliyya G. Fish intake and blood lipids in fish eating vs. non-fish eating community of costal south India. Clinical Nutrition .2000; 19; 19: 165-170.
15.Bulliyya G. Key role of fats in coronary heart disease under progressive urbanization and nutritional transition. Asia specific journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2000; 9: 289-97.
16.Dash B P and Kar B C. Priapism in rare in sickle cell disease in India. JAPI. 2000; 48:255.
17.Chhotray G P, Ranjit M R and Mohapatra M. Occurance of asymptomatic haematuriain a filarial endemic area of Orissa, India. Journal of Communicable Diseases. 2000; 32:85-93.
18.Babu B V, Kusum Y S and Naidu J M. Ethnography of Jatpu tribe of Andhra Pradesh. Man and Life. 2000; 26: 181-192.
1.Bal M and Das MK. Antibody response to a filarial antigen fraction in individuals exposed to Wuchereria bancroti infection in India. Acta Tropica. 1999; 72:259-274.
2.Bal M and Das MK. Antigenicity of a filarial protease from Setaria digitata in Wuchereria bancrofti infection. Annals Tropical Medicine and Paracitology 1999; 93: 279-288.
3.Balgir RS, Murmu B and Dash BP. Hereditary hemolytic disorders among the ashram school children in Mayurbhanj district of Orissa.Â Journal of Association Physician of India. 1999; 47:987-990.
4.Balgir RS, Murmu B, Dash BP. Physical growth, health and nutritional status of the ashram school tribal children in Northern Orissa.Â Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics 1999; 36:443-452.
5.Balgir RS. Control and prevention of genetic load of hemoglobinopathies in India.Â The National Medical Journal of India. 1999; 12: 234-238.
6.Balgir RS. Medical genetics in clinical practice in India.Â Current Medical Trends 1999; 3:567-572.
7.Beuria MK, Mohanty KK, Katoch K, Sengupta U. Determination of circulating IgG subclasses against lipoarabisomannon in the leprosy spectrum and reactions. Int J Leprosy. 1999; 67:422-428.
8.Dash BP, Mitra A and Kar BC. Osmotic fragility of normal and sickle haemoglobin containing red blood cells.Â Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 1999; 43: 267-269.
9.Mahapatra M, Hazra RK, Rup S, Acharya AS and Dash AP. Bacillus sphaericus interferes with the development of Brugia malayi in Aedes aegypti. Journal of Helminthology. 1999; 73: 279-280.
10.Mukhopadhyay S, George A, Bal V, Ravindran B, Rath S. Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase deficiency in macrophages inhibits nitric oxide generation leading to enhancement of IL-12 induction. The Journal of Immunology. 1999; 163:1786-1792.
11Mukhopadhyay S, Sahoo PK, George A, Bal V and Ravindran B. Delayed Clearance of filarial infection and enhanced Th1 immunity due to modulation of macrophage APC functions in XID mice. The Journal of Immunology. 1999; 163:875-883.
12.Pal BB, Acharya AS and Satyanarayana K. Serprevalence of HIV infection among jail inmates in Orissa. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 1999; 109:199-201.
13.Ravindran B, Sahoo PK, Mohanty MC, Mukhophadyay S and Dash AP. Increase susceptibility of mice with XID mutation to Brugia malayi infection. Medical Science Research. 1999; 27: 135-137.
14.Satapathy AK and Ravindran B. Naturally occuring a-galactosyl antibodies in human sera display polyreactivity. Immunology Letters. 1999, 69:347-351.
15.Chhotray GP, Ranjit MR, and Khuntia HK. Effect of Anthelmintic/Anti Protozoal treatment on the Nutritional Status of School Children in a Sub Urban area of orissa, India. J. Hum Ecol. 1999; 10 (5-6).
16.Bulliyya G, Chengal P and Reddanna Pallu. Arterial Pressures in fish-consuming and non-fish-consuming populations of coastal south India. Asia Pacific J Clin Nutri. 1999;8(3):195-199.
17.Pattnaik S, Subramanyam V R and Kole C R.Antifungal activity of essential oils from Cymbopogon: inter andÂ Intraspecific differences. Cytobios. 1999; 97:153-159.
18.Ranjit MR and Sharma YD.Genetic polymorphism of Falciparum Malaria vaccine candidate antigen gene among field isolates in India. Ame. J Tropical Med.Â 1999; 61(1):103-108.
1.Bal MS and Das MK. Inhibition of filarial proteases by antibodies from human filariasis.Â Current Science. 1998; 71: 519.
2.Bal MS, Satapathy AK and Das MK. Increased antibody response to parasite lipids in microfilariamic individuals from a region where W.bancrofti infection is endemic. Ann Trop Med Parasitol. 1998; 92: 119.
3.Balgir RS, Murmu B and Dash BP. Health and Nutritional status of Ashram School Children in Two Districts of Orissa. Indian Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics. 1998; 35: 329-338.
4.Bhutani N, Ranjit MR, Yaneena M, Singh N, Dev V, Pillai CR, Ausani MA and Sharma YD.Â Genetic diversity among filed isolates of P.Salciparum in India.Â Current Science. 1998; 75: 160.
5.Dash AP, Mahapatra N, Hazra RK and Acharya AS. Transmission dynamics of filariasis in Khurda district of Orissa, India.Â Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 1998; 29: 2025.
6.Pal BB and Bhuyan SP. Genotoxic effect of an insecticide, carbanyl in mouse in viva test system.Â Perspect in Cytol and Genet 1998; 479.
7.Ravindran B, Sahoo PK and Dash AP. Lymphatic filariasis and malaria concomitant parasitism in Orissa, India.Â Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1998; 97: 21.
8.BeuriaÂ MK, Parkash Om, Joshi B, Mohanty K K, Katosh k and sengupta U.Â Levels of lgG Subclasses in Active and Inactive Cases in the Disease Spectrum of Leprosy.Int Arch Allergy immunol.1998; 115: 61-66.
9.Balgir RS. Prevention of Genetic load of Thalassemia in India. Current Medical Trends.1998; 2:269-74.
10.Hazra RK and Dash AP. Distribution of mansoniodes in orissa, India. Tropical Biomedicine.1998; 15:53-59.
1.Balgir RS, Dash BP and Das RK. Fetal outcome and childhood mortality in offspring of mothers with sickle cell trait and disease. Indian J Pediatrics. 1997; 64: 79.
2.Balgir RS, Dash, BP, Murmu B. Haemoglobinopathy G-6-PD deficiency and blood groups among the tribals of Sundargarh district in Orissa. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 1997; 15: 27.
3.Balgir RS. Prevention of Genetic Load of Thalassemia in India. Current Medical Trends. 1997; 2: 269-274.
4.Chhotray GP and Mohapatra M. Diagnostic perspective of filarial skin test by B.Malayi infective larval antigen. Tropical Biomedicine.1997; 14: 107.
5.Chhotray GP and Ranjit MR. Sickle cell gene, serum immunoglobuline and complement pattern in endemic areas of Orissa. Indian J Hematology Blood Transfusion. 1997; 15: 18.
6.Mohapatra N, Dash AP and Hazra RK. Application of Dyar's rule to the development of two species of Culex (Diptera, Culicidae). Trop Biomed. 1997; 13: 149.
7.Mukhopadhyaya S, Ravindran B. Antibodies to diethyl carbamazine potentiate the antifilarial activity of the drug. Parasite Immunol. 1997; 19: 191.
8.Nagaraj K, Babu BV. Field trail of oral cholera vaccine in Vietnam (correspondence). The Lancet. 1997; 349 (26 April 1997): 1253-1254
9.Sarkar AK and Das MK. Lipsome encapsulated Dextran: Antigen distribution study. Ind J Exp Biol. 1997; 25: 135.
10.Tripathy D, Dash BP, Mohapatra BN and Kar BC. Cholelithiasis in sickle cell disease in India. Journal of Association of Physician of India. 1997; 45: 287-289
11.Pattnaik S,Subramanyam V R, Bapaji M, and Kole C R.Antibacterial and antifungal activity of aromatic constituents of essential oils. Microbios. 1997; 89:39-46.
12.Bulliyya G, Mallick G, Sethy GS, Kar SK and Kumar S. Hemoglobin status of non- school going adolescent girls in three districts of Orissa, India. Int J Med. Health. 1997; 19(4):395-406.
13.Raanji M R and dash A P. Chitin Synthesis inhibitor (CSI) influences some biochemical parameters in mosquitoes. Tropical Biomedicine.1997; 14: 01- 04.
1.Babu BV, et al. Distribution of blood pressure and influence of subcutaneous fat on systolic and diastolic levels in a tribal population. J Ind Med Asso. 1996; 94:289-293
2.Babu BV, et al. Genetic diversity of PTC taste sensitivity among tribal and caste populations of Andhra Pradesh. Zeitschift fur Morphologie and Anthropologie 1996; 81: 217-221.
3.Bal MS, Das MK. Antibody responses in human infected with W.bancrofti. Parasite Immunology. 1996; 18: 473.
4.Balgir RS. Biomedical anthropological approaches in North Eastern India: a synthesis of the tea garden population of Assam. In: Peoples of North East India: Anthropological Perspective. Sarthak Sengupta (ed). Gyan Publishing House, New Delhi 1996; 91-104.
5.Balgir RS. Genetic epidemiology of the three predominant abnormal hemoglobins in India. Journal of Association of Physician of India. 1996; 44: 25-28.
6.Balgir RS. Preventive Genetic Strategies for Hemoglobinopathy and Thalassemia in India. Indian Practitioner. 1996; 49: 219-226.
7.Balgir RS. Skinfold measurements of the high and low altitude Gujjar populations of North-Western India. J Hum Ecol. 1996; 7: 191-194.
8.Das BK, Parida S, Ravindran B. A prognostic role for anti-phosphatidyl choline antibodies in Human cerebral malaria. Clinical Experimental Immunology. 1996; 103:442-445.
9.Das BK, Sahoo PK, Ravindran, B. A role for Tumour Necrosis Factor- a in acute lymphatic filariasis. Parasite Immunology. 1996; 18: 421-424.
10.Kumar Anil. Human filariasis infection rate and uniform criterion for filarial endemicity. J Comm Disease.s 1996; 28.
11.Mohapatra R, Ranjit MR, Dash AP. Effect of chitin synthesis inhibitors on the development of B.malayi in Aedes aegypti. Journal of Heiminthology.1996; 70:269-270.
12.Mukhopadhaya S, Dash AP, Ravindran B. Setaria digitata microfilarial in Maatomys coucha: an animal model for chemotherapeutic and Immunological studies. Parasitology. 1996; 113: 323-330.
13.Roy B, Dey B, Balgir RS, Dash BP, Chakraborty M, Bhattacharya SK, Banerjee S, Roy M, Majumder PP. Identification of sickle cell homozgotes using hematological parameters. Journal of Indian Anthropological Society. 1996; 31: 191-199.
14.Satapathy AK, Ravindran BA. Quantitative cell-ELISA for a-galactose specific antibodies in human malaria. Journal of Immunology.1996; 17: 245-256.
15.Subramanyam VR, Kumar Anil and Mishra N. A note on parental filariasis as a risk factor for filariasis in children. Biochemical Letters. 1996; 5: 1407.
16.Pattnaik S, Subramanyam V R and Kole K C. Antibacterial and Antifungal Activity of ten Essential oils in Vitro. Microbips. 1996; 86: 237-246.
17.Bal M and Das M K.Glutathione-binding proteins of Setaria Digetata: antibody responses in human infected with Wuchereria bancrofti. Parasite Immunology.1996; 18: 473-477.
18.Bal M S and Das M K. Inhibition of Filarial Proteases by antibodies from human filariasis. Current Science. 1996;71(7): 519.
19.Dash BP and Kar BC . Hemoglobin SD disease in a Muslim Boy. Int. J Hematol Blood transf. 1996; 14: 159-160.
1.Bal MS, Das MK. Antibody responses to a potentially protective antigen in human filariasis. Current Science. 1995; 69: 338-540.
2.Balgir RS. Population, Ecology and Epidemiology of Sickle Cell Disease in Orissa. J Hum Ecol.1995; 6: 273-76.
3.Beuria MK, Bal MS, Das MK. Allergic reactivity and IgG subclasses to a proteinase fraction of Setaria digitata in filariasis.Â J Helminthology. 1995; 69: 181-185.
4.Beuria MK, Das MK. Chemotherapy reduces human antifilarial IgE response. Current Science.1995; 69: 257-258.
5.Das D, Das MK. Isolation of microfilariasis and eggs of Setaria digitata. J.Helminthology.1995; 69: 89-90.
6.Das MK. Book review on Tropical Diseases: Molecular Biology and Control Strategies. Current Science.1995; 69: 946-948
7.Dash AP, Hazra RK. A small scale field experiment on comprehensive efficacy of three mosquito larvicides in filarial endemic locality of Orissa, India. Tropical Biomedicine.1995; 12:69.
8.Dash BP, Kar BC. Possible genetic link of high HbF in Indian sickle cell disease (SS) patients.Â Indian journal of Haematology and Blood Transfusion. 1995; 13:165-168.
9.Mohapatra N, Dash AP, Hazra RK. Host selection pattern of twelve mosquito species in Orissa, India. Trop. Biomedicine.1995; 12:147-152.
10.Naidu JM, Babu BV, Kusuma YS, Yasmin, Devi SS. Inbreeding effects on reproductive outcome among seven tribes of Andhra Pradesh. American Journal of Human Biology. 1995; 7(5): 589-596.
11.Naidu JM, Babu BV, Yasmin, Devi SS. Genetic polymorphism of red cell enzymes in tribes of Andhra Pradesh.Â Gene Geography. 1995; 9: 7-14.
12.Pal BB, Bhunyua SP, Mutagenicity testing of a rodenticide, zinctox (zincphospide) in a mouse in vivo system.Â In vivo.1995; 9:81-84.
13.Sharma RC. Role of geographers in malaria control in India.Â The Eastern Geographers. 1995; 3and4: 53-57.
14.Pattnaik S, Rath C and Subramanyam V R. Characterization of resistance to essential oils in a strain of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa (VR-6). Microbias.1995; 81: 29-31.
15.Beuria M K, Bal M, Dash A P and Das M K.Age- related prevalence of antibodies to infective larvae of Wucheria Bancrofti in normal individuals from a filarial-endemic region. J Biosc. 1995; 20(2): 167-174.
16.Bal M and Das M K. Antigeneticity of Filarial superoxide dismutase in human bancroftian filariasis. JÂ Biosc. 1995; 20(2): 157-166.
17.Bal M and das Monoj. Immunodiagnostic potential of Filarial Protease. Current Science. 1995; 67(12): 1018-1019.
18.Kaeda J S, Chotray G P , Ranjit M R, Bautista J M, Reddy P H, Stevens D., Naidu J M, Britt R P, Vulliamy TÂ J, Luzzatto L and Mason P J. A new Glucose-6- Phosphate Dehygrogenase varient, G6PD Orissa (44 Ala-Gly), Is The Major Polymorphic Varient in Tribal populations in India. Ame. J. Hum Genet.1995; 57: 1335-1341.
19.Pal B B, and Bhunya S P.Clastogeneticity of Copper acetate (Fungicide): An In Vivo study in Mice. Perspective inÂ Cytology and Genetics. 8 :709-714.
1.Balgir RS. Pattern of haemoglobinopathy in the pediatric age group of Orissa.Â Indian practitioner. 1994; 47: 189.
2.Kar BC, Devi S, Pattnaik G, Dash BP, Das RK. HbF levels do not determine the clinical course of SS disease. Ind J Hematol Blood Transf. 1994; 12: 225-229.
3.Kar SK, Mania J, Patnaik S. The use of ivermectin against scabies. Nat Med J India. 1994; 7: 15.
4.Kar SK, Mania J. Filarial hydrocele and its treatment with DEC. In "progress of Lymphology XIV, proceedings of the 14 th International congress of Lymphology, Sept.20-26, 1993. Witte, M.H., C.L Witte (Ed). The International Society of Lymphology. 1994.
5.Kumar Anil, Dash AP, Mansing GD. Prevalence of filariasis in rural Puri district. J Comm Diseases.1994; 6: 215.
6.Kumar Anil, Dash AP. An Epidemiological study of bancrofti filariasis in rural population of Puri district.Â Tropical Biomedicine. 1994; 11: 178.
7.Kumar Anil, Mishra N. Effect of homeopathic treatment on filariasis: a single bkubd 69 month follow up study in an endemic village of Orissa.Â Br Hom J. 1994; 83: 216.
8.Kumar Anil, Sharma RC. Accuracy of self reporting malaria in Orissa: A case study. J Comm Diseases. 1994; 26: 221.
9.Lobo CA, Kar SK, Ravindran B. Noval proteins of p.falciparum identified by differential immunoscreening using immune and patient sera.Â Infection and Immunity. 1994; 62: 651.
10.Mania J, Kar SK. Detection of albumin and immunoglobulin on surface of B.malayi mf by Immunofluroscence. Ind J Med Res. 1994; 99: 65.
11.Praharaj AK, Das MK. Enhanced antibody response to detergent soluble antigen in human filariasis after treatment with diethylcarbamazine. J Bioscience. 1994; 19: 201-206.
12.Ranjit MR, Dash AP. Aphid extract and juvonoids influence glycogen metabolism in mosquitoes. Trop. Biomedicine.1994; 11: 1-5.
13.Ravindran B, Satapathy AK, Sahoo PK. Bancroftian Filariasis Differential reactivity of anti-sheath antibodies in microfilariae carriers.Â Parasite Immunology. 1994; 16:321.
14.Mahapatra N, Dash A P. and Hazra R K. Sandfly Fauna of Khurda District, Orissa, India.national Academy of Vector borne diseases.Â 1995: 120-122.
15.Mohanty U L, Dash A P, Mohapatra N and Ranjit M R. Bioefficacy of anacardium Occidentale L. against Mosquitoes. Biol Control Ins. Pests. 1994: 139-142.
1.Balgir RS, Das RK, Dash BP. Age of menarche in sickle cell hameoglobinopathy. Indian Practitioner. 1993; 46: 319.
2.Balgir RS. Sickle Cell disease and community health issues of Orissa.Â Indian Practitioner. 1993; 46: 427.
3.Dash BP, Das RK, Pattnaik G, Kar BC. Fetal hemoglobin in normal sickle cell trait and sickle cell disease patients in Western India.Â Ind J Hemat Blood Transfus.1993; 11: 232-236.
4.Kar BC, Dash BP. Sickle cell disease with diabetes mellitus.Â Indian Practr. 1993 46: 913-915.
5.Kar SK, Mania J, Baldwin CI, Denham dA. The sheath of the microfilaria of Wuchereria bancrofti has albumin and immunoglobin on its surface.Â Parasite Immunology. 1993; 15: 297.
6.Kar SK, Mania J, Kar PK. Clinical Filarial Disease in two ethnic endemic communities of Orissa (India). J Trop Med Hyg. 1993; 96: 311.
7.Kar SK, Mania J, Kar PK. Humoral Immune response in Filarial Fever in Bancroftian filariasis. Trans Royal Soc Trop Med Hygine. 1993; 87: 230.
8.Kar SK, Mania J, Kar PK. Prevalence of Lymphatic nodules in Bancroftian endemic population.Â Acta Tropica. 1993; 55: 53
9.Kar SK, Mania J. Tropical pulmonary Eosinofilia in an Orissa village.Â Nat Med J India. 1993; 6: 64.
10.Kar SK, Patanaik S, Kumarswami V, Murty RSN.Â Side reactions following invermection therapy in high density Bancroftian microfilariaemics. Acta Tropica. 1993; 55: 21.
11.Kar SK, Pattanaik S, Mania J, Kumarswami V. Ivermectin in the treatment of Bancroftian filarial infection in Orissa (India).Â South East Asian J Trop Med pub Health. 1993; 24: 80.
12.Kole C, Pattnaik S, Subramanyam VRA Narain.Â Antifungal efficacy of oil and its genetic variability in citronella. Crop Res.1993; 6: 504.
13.Kumar Anil, Dash AP. Prevalence of Filariasis in Ranpur Tehesil of Orissa. J Com Dis. 1993; 25.
14.Mohapatra BN, Dash BP, Kar BC. Serum immunoglobulins in sickle cell disease. JAPI 1993; 41: 418-419.
15.Mohapatra N, Dash AP, Hazra RK. Feeding pattern of a mosquito species in Orissa. Asin Journal of Zool Sc. 1993; 2: 17-24.
16.Ramnath T, Ganguli KK, Mohapatra A,Yadav Shespal, et al Dietary intake, knowledge of people about the diseases and nutritional disorders in two desert districts of Rajsthan. Annals of arried Zone. 1993; 32: 59.
17.Ranjit MR, Dash AP, Chhotray GP. Morphological and Histopathological effect of afid extract and jubonoib in developing mosquitoes.Â Asian J Zoological Sc. 1993; 2: 25-35.
18.Satapathy AK, Das MK, Ravindran B. Murine Malaria: anti-erythrocytic antibodies recognize antibodies recognize N-acetyle neuraminic acid residues.Â Immunology. 1993; 80: 546.
19.Subramanyam VR, Rath CC, Mishra M, Chhotray GP. Subcutaneous infection due to cuvularia sp. report. Mycoses.1993; 36: 449-450.
1.Balgir RS. Clinical profile and fertility of haemoglobin E infected mothers in North Eastern India. Med Surg. 1992; 31: 16.
2.Balgir RS. Current status of haemoglobinopathy and G-6-PD deficiency in Orissa: Some further considerations. Man in Society. 1992: 453.
3.Balgir RS. Reproductive profile of mothers in relation to haemoglobin E genotypes.Ind J Pediatrics 1992; 59: 449.
4.Balgir RS. Serogenetic variations in a Mechkachari Tribal population.Ã‚Â Man in India. 1992; 72: 293.
5.Beuria MK, Das MK. Immune response to an allergenic fraction of Setaria digitata in human filarriasis. J Biosciences 1992; 17: 453.
6.Dam PK, Mohapatra A, Ganguli KK, et al. Sociodemographic profile of tribal population in three Rajasthan districts.The Eastern Anthropologist. 1992; 45: 3.
7.Das MK, Beuria MK, Dash AP. Infective larvae specific IgE and IgG4 antibodies to infective larvae Wauchereria bancrofti endemic population.Int Arch allergy Immunol. 1992; 99: 118.
8.Dash AP, Ranjit MR. Comparative efficacy of aphid extracts and some juvenoids against the development of Mosquitoes.J Amer Mosq Control Assoc. 1992; 8: 225.
9.Dash AP. Does Onchocersiasis exist in India? Asian J Zool Sci. 1992; 11: 45.
10.Dash BP, Mitra A, Kar BC. A study on the glucose uptake, pyruvate and lactate formation in red blood cells of normal, sickle cell trait and sickle cell patients.Ind. J Clin Biochem. 1992; 7: 134-137.
11.Ganguli KK, Yadav Shespal, Mohapatra A, et al. A community based study of the sociological aspects night blindness in the desert region of Rajasthan. The Indian Soc Work. 1992; 15: 1
12.Hussain T, Ravindran B. Antegenic Mimicry between piperazine derivatives and Wuchereria bancrofti Microfilarial. Acta Tropica. 1992; 50: 353.
13.Kar SK, Mania J, Baldwin C, Denham DA. The Sheath of Mf of Wuchereria bancrofti has albumin and immunoglobulin in its surface.Parasite Immunol. 1992; 15: 297.
14.Krishnamachari KAVR, Laxminarayan J, Rajalaxmi K, Ganguli KK, Shespal Y, Dixit AK, Mohapatra A, et al. Calorie and protein consumption pattern among desert people of Rajasthan during draught. Annals of Arid Zone. 1992; 31: 25-32.
15.Mohanty UL, Dash AP, Ranjit MR. Mosquitocidal effect of Pongamia pinnata. Asian J Zool Sci. 1992; 11: 15-18.
16.Mohapatra A, Ganguli KK. An analysis of knowledge attitude and practice regarding some common disease in rural part of Jodhpur district.The Indian Journal of Preventive and Social Medicine. 1992; 23: 2.
17.Pal BB, Bhunya SP. Genotoxic effect of a perspective sodium metabilsulphite as revealed by mammalian in vivo bioassays. Cytologic. 1992; 57: 461.
18.Pal BB, Bhunya SP. Mutagenicity testing of Blitox (copper oxychloride) in vivo mouse system. Perspective of Cytology and Genetics. 1992; 7: 408.
19.Pani S, Dash BP, Das RK, Kar BC. G-6-PD deficiency and sickle cell disease in India. Ind J Hamat Blood Transfus. 1992; 10: 85-88.
20.Ravindran B, Das BK. Human cerebral malaria: galactosyl antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid. Trans Royal Soc Trop Med Hygn. 1992; 86: 132.
21.Ravindran B, Devaney E. The isolation of the sheath of Brugia Pahangi Microfilaraie.Acta Tropica. 1992; 51: 167.
22.Subramanyam VR, Ramaswamy K, Dash AP. Characterization of Bacillus spp. isolated from mosquito larvae in a filariasis endemic area.J Com Disease. 1992; 24: 60-61.
23.Das M K, Beuria M K , Dash A P.Immunoglobulin E and G4 Antibodies to Infective Larvae in a wucheria Bancrofti Endemic Population. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1992; 99: 118-122
1.Acharya AS, Acharya NK, Dash AP. Software for estimating LD50 and LD90 by logit analysis. Computer Method and Programmes in Bio-Medicine. 1991; 34: 256.
2.Beuria MK, Das MK. Dextran-Sulfate induced Supression of p.berghei paras itaemia. Ind J Exp Biol. 1991; 29: 284.
3.Beuria MK, Ravindran B, Das MK. Stimulation by aduvants of cell mediated immune response in p.berghei infected mice. Ind J Biochem Biophys. 1991; 28: 68.
4.Das MK, Beuria MK. Antimalarial property of an extract of the plant Streblusasper in Murine malaria. Trans Royal Soc Trop Med Hyg. 1991; 85: 40.
5.Das MK, Mishra A, Beuria MK, Dash AP. Human Natural antibodies to Culex quinquefasciatus: age dependent occurrence. J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 1991; 7: 319.
6.Dibrino M, Ravindran B, Cone RE. T Cell derived proteins from normal human sera and their relationship to T Cell antigen binding molecules. Clin Imn and Immunopathology. 1991; 59: 271.
7.Kar SK, Kar PK, Mania J. Tissue Tonometry: A useful tool for asessing filarial lymphedema. Lymphology. 1991; 25: 51.
8.Mitra S, Ravindran B, et al. Human Cerebral Malaria: Characterization of malarial antibodies in cerebrospinal fluid. Clin Exp Immunol. 1991; 86: 19.
9.Ravindran B. Development of lactin based isiotype vaccines for polysaccharide antigens. Immunol Today. 1991; 12: 207.
10.Subramanyam VR. Absence of Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibody reactivity in filariasis and malaria sera. World J Microbiology Biotechnology. 1991; 7: 433.
1.Chhotray GP, Ranjit MR. Prevalence of G-6-PD deficiency in a malaria endemic tribal area of Orissa (India). Ind J Med Res. 1990; 92: 443.
2.Chhotray GP, Ranjit MR. Effect of drug treatment on the prevalence of intenstinal parasites amongest School Children in a sub-urban community. Indian J Med Res. 1990; 91: 266.
3.Kar BC, et al. Sickle haemoglobin G-6-PD deficiency and malaria in Western Orissa.J Ass Phys India. 1990; 38: 555.
4.Ravindran B, Satapathy AK, Das MK, Pattanaik NM, Subramanyam VR. Detection and characterisation of anti sheath antibodies in Bancroftian filariasis. Ann Trop Med and Parasitol. 1990; 84: 607.
5.Subramanyam VR, Mishra N, Rai Y, Rakshit G, Pattanaik NM. Homoeopathic treatment of filariasis: experience in an Indian rural setting Brit Homoepath Journal. 1990; 79: 157.
1.Das AP, Bendle MS, Das M. Prevalence of winter forms of Anopheles annularis in Orissa.Â J Comm Dis. 1989; 20: 287.
2.Das LK, Mohapatra SSS, Jambulingam P et al. Malaria and other common ailments among upper Bonda tribals in Koraput district, Orissa.Â Ind J Med Res. 1989; 89: 334.
3.Jambulingam P, Mohapatra SSS, Das LK, Das PK, Rajgopalan PK. Detection of plasmodium ovale in tribals in Koraput Orissa State.Â Ind J Med Res. 1989; 89: 115.
4.Mohapatra LN. Study of Medical mycology in India-An overview.Â Ind J Med Res. 1989; 89: 351.
5.Mohapatra SSS, Das LK, Pani SP.Â Chloroquine sensitivity of P.falciparum in Koraput district, Orissa. Ind J Malarialogy. 1989; 26: 33.
6.Ravindran B, Satapathy AK, Hussain T, Pattanaik NM. Antibodies in human filariasis sera react with Diethyl Carbamzine. Clin Exp Immunol. 1989; 78: 219.
7.Subramanyam VR, Mohanty KK. Partial Characterization of M.fortuitum and M.Smegmatis auxotrops by synthrophism using Baccillus Subtilis.Â J Gen Microbiol. 1989; 135: 2651.
8.Subramanyam VR, Pal BB, Mohanty KK. Inducibility and stability of auxotrophic mutations in M.fortitum, M.Smegmatis and M.Vaccae. Lett APPI Microbiol. 1989; 8: 161.
9.Subramanyam V R, Broadhead R L, Pal B B, Pati J B and MohantyÂ G. Cryptosporidiosis in children of eastern India. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics. 1989; 9: 122-125.
10.Narahari S, jagadeesh N, babu B V and Mukhopadhyay S. The Konda Doras: A Dermatoglyphic Study. Ind J phys Anthro and Hum Gent. 1989; 15(3): 135-142.
1.Das MK, Behuria MK, Dash AP, Pattanaik NM. Detection of infective larvae antigens in bancroftian filariasis. Ind J Exp Biol. 1988; 26: 1003.
2.Das MK, Dash AP, Ravindran B, Pattanaik NM, Subramanyam VR. Quantification of antibodies to infective larvae in Wuchereria bancroftian filariasis. Acta Tropica 1988; 45: 387.
3.Das MK, Subramanyam VR, Ravindran B, Pattanaik NM. Immune complexes in Wuchereria bancrofti filariasis: A specific for phosphorylchlorine and infective larval antigens. Med Sci Res. 1988; 16: 1055.
4.Kar SK, Mania J, Nayak SR. Pilot Chemotherapy study on filarial lymphoedema.Â Progress in Lymphology XI Elsevier (Book). 1988; 669-674.
5.Ravindran B, Satapathy AK, Das MK. Naturally occuring antigalactosyl antibodies in human P.falciparum infections a possible role for auto-antibodies in malaria. Immunol letter. 1988; 19: 137.
6.Ravindran B, Satapathy AK, Das MK. Production of characterisation of rabbit antibodies to primaquine.Â Med Sci Res. 1988; 17: 161.
7.Ravindran B, Satapathy AK, Pattanaik NM. Antibodies to Diethyl Carbamzine Cross react with Microfilarae of Wuchereria bancrofti.Â Immunol Letter. 1988; 17: 7.
8.Dash A P, Das M, Bendle MS and Sharma Gk. Prevalance of Winter Forms of Anopheles Annularis. V. d.Wulp (Diptera: Culicidae) in Keonjhar district of Orissa. J comm. Diseases. 1988; 20(4):287-292.
1.Bhatt Y.B, Subramanyam VR, Dias FF. The use of starch and skin milk in regeneration of B.amyloliquifaciens and B.subtitis protoplasts. Lett APPI Microbiol. 1987: 4.
2.Chhotray GP, Acharya GS. Evaluation of aspiration cytology in the diagnosis of metastatic lymphodemonpathy. Ind J Med Res. 1987; 85: 685.
3.Das MK, Subramanyam VR, Ravindran B, Pattnaik NM. A study of the antigen, antibody and immune complex levels in Wuchereria bancrofti filariasis with respect to clinical status. J Trop Med Hygine. 1987; 90: 135.
4.Das N, Basu MK, Das MK. Suppression of Liver uptake of orally fed liposomes by injection (IP) of dextran sulfate 500.Â Bioscience Rep. 1987; 7: 465.
5.Ravindran B, Das Dasarathi, Pattanaik NM. Production and characterization of rabbit antibodies with reactivity to diethylcarbamazine. Med Sci Res. 1987; 15: 371
1.Bhunya SP, Pal BB. Cyatogenetic effects of nickel fluoride in mouse. The Nucleus. 1986; 29: 136.
2.Das MK, Dash AP. Detection of antibodies to Culex quinquefasciatus in Man. IRCS Med Sci (Biochem). 1986; 14: 1190.
3.Dash AP. A simple technique for membrane feeding of mosquitoes. J Zool Soc India. 1986; 38: 107-109.
4.Dash AP. Host selection pattern of five mosquito species of Orissa. J Zool Soc India. 1986; 37: 111.
5.Hussian QZ, Pillai CR, Ravindran B, Kaushik N. Trypin Sensitive plasmodia in the liver of postinfection rats and rhesus monhkeys. Folio Parasitol. 1986; 33: 107.
6.Kar S.K. Atypical Features in Lymphatic Filariasis. Ind J Med Res 1986; 84: 27.
7.Kar Santanu Kumar. Epidemiological study on Lymphatic Filariasis in an Endemic Zone of Orissa. J Comm Dis. 1986; 18: 312.
8.Modi DC, Bhatt YB, Shikh KG, Subramanyam VR, Dias FP. A note on the use of cross linked starch in Microbiology with special reference to detecting amylase production. J APPI Bacteriology. 1986; 61: 315.
9.Ravindran B, Das MK. Role for carbohydrates moieties in immune response to malaria.J Immunology. 1986; 137: 1091.
10.Subramanyam VR. Response to Lepromin unaltered by application of zinc to the skin in lepromatous leprosy patients. Leprosy Review. 1986; 57: 73.
11.Subramanyam VR. Tunicamycin-resistant mutants of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens are deficient in amylase, protese and penicillinase synthesis and have altered sensitivity to antibodies and autolysis. J APPI Bacteriol. 1986; 60: 271.
1.Dash AP, Bendle MS, Das AK, Das M, Dwivedi SR. Role of Anopheles annularis as a vector of malaria inland Orissa. J Comm Dis. 1983; 14: 224.
2 Dash AP, Khamari JS, Bendle MS, Das M, Dwivedi SR. Morphometrical variations in Anopheles annularis. J Comm Dis. 1983; 14: 224.
3.Dash AP. A preliminary survey of mosquito fauna of villages patrapada and Bhagabanpur in Puri district of Orissa state with a note on their host preference. J Zool Soc India. 1984; 36: 114-116.
4.Dash AP, Behura BK, Roy JR. On the distribution of Annophelines in the Orissa State. J Zool Soc India. 1984; 36: 1-14.
5.Dash AP, Behura BK. History of Medical Entomology in India. J Zool Soc India. 1985; 37: 1-16
6.Kar SK. Lymphatic nodules in human filariasis. Lymphology. 1985; 18: 163.
7.Srivastava B N and Dash A P. Prevalence of Phlebotomus Argentipes Annd. And Brun. ( Diptera: Psychodidae) in Puri district of orissa State. Pranikee. 1985; 6: 15-18.
8.Dash A P. Host Selection Pattern in five Mosquitoes species of orissa. J Zool. Soc. India.1985; 37(1 and 2): 111-116.